POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Now with a bit of oscillating wind! (MPEG1) : Now with a bit of oscillating wind! (MPEG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:31:52 EDT (-0400)
  Now with a bit of oscillating wind! (MPEG1)
Date: 11 Feb 2002 19:45:29
Message: <3c6865a9@news.povray.org>
Now I tried to experiment not just with air resistance, but with a bit of
wind. I didn't make the mesh very fine (just 25x25) so you may see some
strange dark triangles in the edges of the mesh. Next time I'll try to make
it finer, but the problem is basically that the complexity is quadratic, so
if I make it 50x50 it will take approximately 4 times longer to simulate!

I didn't time very accurately this simulation, but I think it took about 2
to 3 hours to simulate, and about 30 minutes to render. (250 frames approx).

It still doesn't have cloth-cloth collision detection.

I hope you'll like it and I'll be happy to receive any comment or
suggestion.

Fernando.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: